PLA and Cork Cup
PLA and Cork Cup
From cork to coffee!
WoW! This natural, reusable coffee mug is going to be the envy of your colleagues when it’s sitting on your desk at the office. And the way it’s made is the perfect combination of design, functionality and sustainability. The exterior of the mug is made from 100% FSC-certified cork, which is both biodegradable and renewable. The interior of the mug is made from a compostable material called polylactide (PLA). The two are fused together using a patented technique (that doesn’t involve glue) to create a double wall that’s not only sustainable but also keeps your drink warm for hours. And the mug can even go in the dishwasher – which is handy!
Polylactide, or polylactic acid (PLA) is a thermoplastic aliphatic polyester derived from renewable resources. What does that mean? It means that PLA is a biodegradable material made from corn starch produced by plants – natural and renewable. Lactic acid is produced through the fermentation of that corn starch, which produces the fibres used to create PLA. This eco-friendly process converts natural resources into the ideal sustainable material.
This stylish mug…
- Reduces carbon emissions
- Is 100% biodegradable and compostable
- Is more heat-resistant than regular biological materials
- Is durable and drop-resistant
- Contains no harmful chemicals, including bisphenol A
- Is dishwasher-safe
- Makes ideal tableware for kids
interior: double wall PLA. Exterior: cork
This Natural material meets design and functionality.
A special technique to combine cork and plastic without glue; protected by patent.
- 100% of our cork is cultivated on FSC certified fields
- cork is biodegradable and regenerative
- PLA (Polylactid) is compostable
- dishwasher-suitable up to 65 degrees Celsius
What is PLA?
- PLA is a new biodegradable material, made from corn starch of renewable plants.
- Lactic acid is produced by fermentation of starch and delivers fibres for the PLA.
- An eco-friendly conversion process that leads to an ideal and sustainable green material